Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Manic Panic cosmetic line spotted at Meijer

So I went to Meijer for the 5th time this week (don't ask, LOL) and, while I didn't find the new Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure fall lineup, I did spot a new makeup display. Meijer is now selling Manic Panic. I went into 2 Meijer stores today (hey, when I'm on the hunt for something, I'm *serious* about it! :D) and both had the display. Prices range from $4 for nail polish to $10 for a "lip book" or an "eye book." I didn't pick up anything; not much in this line appears to be my style - aka, it's pretty goth-y. The lipsticks were all dark - purple, black, etc. The face powders were very pale - there were 2 white shades (no discernable difference to me, but they did have different shade names) and one pale-skin-shade. They did have a cream and powder liner kit that may appeal to some (pic below). There are 4 nail polishes - black, black with silver glitter, black with red glitter (see the pattern here?!), and dark purple. There's a mascara as well.


One of the white pressed powder shades

Cream and powder liner kit

Eye kit

Eye kit


I know that Manic Panic is known for hair color, but is their cosmetics line a new venture? Or is this a reinvention, à la Hard Candy/Walmart? Does anything in this line appeal to anyone?

8 comments:

  1. Is this a Halloween special type thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That occurred to me, but I don't think so! In both Meijers that I saw it, it was on the endcap in their regular cosmetics area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they've been making cosmetics for as long as they've been making hair color, but i've never seen them readily available. we dont have meijers in my area, but i haven't seen this anywhere. now i must find it!

    i remember their eyeshadows being decent, and i'm all over that purple one in the eye kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if theres any other spooky girls out there...its a new line.

    "Creature of the Night is Manic Panic's brand new cosmetic line. It debuted Monday in New York at the Gerlan Jeans fashion show, and it kind of rocks. The colors are all in the red, purple, and black families, and are extremely versatile. As an added bonus, the entire line is 100% Vegan and totally cruelty-free.

    Manic Panic's Creature of the Night products run from $4 to $25, and are available at Urban Outfitters, Meijer, some specialty boutiques, and http://www.manicpaniccollection.com/."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool - thanks for the info! :) It's really a shame that Meijer isn't nationwide, because everyone should have access to that store! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new line, wish there were Meijer's in my area. Anyway, just an FYI one of the two white shades is a cream-to-powder type of thing, while the other one is just a straight powder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ordered a ton of stuff in the new line directly from the new m,anic Panic line.I will let everyone know how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very efficiently written information. It will be valuable to everyone who uses it, including myself. Thanks a lot!

    _______________________
    Women designer shoes in Qatar

    ReplyDelete