Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Early review of new L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

Hey lovely ladies! I just have to share my early review of L'oreal's new mascara, Voluminous Million Lashes. I call it early because a lot of times, after 2 or 3 weeks, a mascara seems to change (usually it gets drier and clumps more, but in the case of Femme Couture Monster Lash, it seemed to get thinner - but I digress!) and it looks different on me. But since this is new, I want to put it on your radar, if it's not already there!

Here's my before pic (please ignore my wonky brows. They need Tweezerman's attention!):









And here's after:










For me, this is a major difference. Length isn't really an issue for me; my lashes are probably slightly longer than average, but they are sort of pale, and, like my hair, THIN! I'm loving this mascara because it doesn't clump, flake, or smudge on me. AT ALL. Million Lashes has plastic (or are they rubber?!) bristles, which until now, have always seemed to provide me with length and definition, but not much in the way of volume. I'm really hoping this doesn't thicken up after a few weeks, because if it doesn't, it'll be my new HG!










I can't decide if I like the luxe yet minimalist gold tube (makes me think of YSL Faux Cils, which is lovely, but I'll never pay almost $30 for a mascara!), but it's what's inside that counts, right? I purchased this at Walgreens for $8.99. Unfortunately it's not on sale right now, but I did have $4 in Register Rewards and asked for a coupon their beauty counter, so I got another $1 off. Hopefully it'll be like L'oreal's other mascaras and drop by a few bucks after it's been out awhile (like Telescopic did). If not, there's always 40% off sales. :-)

So ladies, I'll report back on whether I'm still loving this in a few weeks. Let me know if you've tried this yet, and if so, what you think of it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your lashes look awesome! The shape of the tube looks similar to my L'Oreal Extra Volume Collage, except this one is prettier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!! Please visit or follow mine:)
    www.abitofeverything-nicoline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to have to look for this today, your lashes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Steph! I thought that tube looked familiar, LOL!
    Thanks Nicoline!
    Thanks Tee! Have you found it yet? I saw it at Ulta today.

    ReplyDelete