Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Here come the Halloween displays! (Plus, surprise sighting of Dream Weavers)

I decided to pop into Rite Aid today since I was in the area (there are NO RA's in all of Columbus, Ohio - isn't that crazy?! There are CVS's & Walgreens on every corner!) for lunch. I was surprised to see Halloween stuff almost 3 months before the holiday, but even more surprised to see an untouched Wet 'n Wild Dream Weavers display! This NYC display was the only Halloween one out, but they had some more sitting in boxes waiting to be put out. I peeked around a little to see if I could find any pumpkin nail polishes, but no dice. I'm not sure how much the NYC stuff is new and how much is core. There were 4 rows of false lashes, 1 mascara (pretty sure it's core), 1 shadow palette, 2 polishes, 3 lipsticks, and 3 lip glosses.


















I thought the glosses looked interesting (even though I didn't buy any) so I took pics.













































This one has shimmer too, even though it doesn't show up very well in the pic.























I saved the most intriguing one for last. A black lip gloss. From the drug store. Huh. If I actually wore anything besides Carmex I'd have snagged this one just to see what it looked like on. My guess is it probably looks best layered over a lipstick or else I could see gray lips going on.

And then around the corner... *angels sing*... Dream Weavers! I really didn't expect to find these because I've been a little out of the beauty loop lately due to preparing for my baby's impending arrival - so I just read about these a few days ago. But...a FULL display! When I was at the register, the cashier looked at them and said "Oh, I wonder if these are the ones people have been calling about?" That surprised me because this Rite Aid is in a rural area. Guess I hit the jackpot today, huh?!
























So anyway...a tiny haul + buffalo shrimp = a pretty good day!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, the comment you left on my blog must have come through at the exact time I was working on my post about this! I actually posted a reader-submitted pic of this display a few weeks ago, but I just got the shade names and price info from NYC. Looks like we've both got NYC on the brain today! lol!

    GREAT photos of those glosses! So pretty! As always, thanks for the heads-up, love! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must have ESPN or something! ;) LOL! Hope you are well, G!

    ReplyDelete