Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review: Nivea Olive Oil & Lemon lip balm

I'm a stalker. There, I said it. Not of the Facebook-creeper type (ok, well maybe I indulge in a little of that from time to time too), but of the drugstore type. I think it's a disorder. Every time I hear about a new beauty product that's due to be released soon I HAVE TO FIND IT. So when Nivea buzzed about their Olive Oil & Lemon lip balm, I HAD TO FIND IT. First they said it was due out at CVS on Aug 1. Well, Aug 1 came and went (and I came and went to about 4857920 CVS stores) and no dice. Then they said mid-Aug at CVS. Well, I happened to be online-stalking it too and fiiiinally drugstore.com put it up! Well hey guess what?! I have my handy little free ShopRunner membership with free 2 day shipping, and Drugstore is one of the included merchants! So because part of my I Have To Find It Disorder includes the side effect of What If They Discontinue It Before I Can Buy More?!, I added 3 to my cart on Sat morning and on Tues afternoon UPS was knocking on my door! 

(If anyone would like a free ShopRunner trial, visit http://www.shoprunner.com/invite/a0QG0000004ShkQMAS). 


(You can see by the lip marks that it's already well-loved!)



My Holy Grail nighttime lip balm has been Nivea A Kiss of Moisture pretty much since it came out. During the daytime I've been using Nivea A Kiss of Mint & Minerals, which is great too, but I love the nub of Fresh Sugar lip balm that I have left because of its lemony essence. But I've only gotten that once because it came in a set during the holidays and was much cheaper than usual. I refuse to spend over $20 for a lip balm unless it makes me look like Angelina Jolie. So I've been on the hunt for something to satisfy that lemon craving. The lemon lip balms from C.O. Bigelow at Bath & Body Works just didn't do it for me. But now...THIS does. It's not identical; there is the hint of olive oil in with the lemon of course, and it doesn't quite melt like butter on my lips like the Fresh one, but it DOES keep my lips feeling moisturized and I can somehow "taste" the lemon on my lips without actually licking them, ya know what I mean?! And when I can get 8-9 tubes of this for the same as one tube of Fresh...yeah. Is there even a question here?! PLEASE NIVEA...NEVER STOP MAKING THIS!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?

Have you found this yet? If so, where? And what do you think of it?



5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm freaking out about this lip balm! Lime and olive oil? Yes, please!

    PS: Did you get my last comment about emailing me? Please drop me a line when you get a chance. Thanks, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try this one out. I got the free Fresh Lip Balm duo for my Sephora birthday present and I like the lip balm very much. Just think it's ridiculously overpriced so I drugstore alternative would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried this for about a week and while I like the scent and taste, I didn't think this was very moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it...
    Burun Estetiği
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete